Full Members :
- Shall be registered qualified urologist interested in and practicing full time in Urology
- Membership of the USI/ Association of southern Urologists is not mandatory for the membership of the Association
Associate Members :
- Shall be M.Ch Urology/D.N.B. postgraduate students undergoing training at recognised institution in Karnataka or neighbouring state
- The associate members should convert into full membership within 3 years or else their membership stands cancelled automatically
Affiliate Members :
- Persons possessing a Masters degree qualification from a recognized institution in Physics/Biotechnology/Biomedical engineering/Nursing/Chemistry and allied fields and having a minimum of 3 years work in Urology or basic sciences related to urology shall be eligible
Application for full or associate or affiliate membership has to be done online in webpage http://kua.in/online-registration/Registration.php. The online membership application will be scrutinised by Hon. Secretary along with Executive Council. Acceptance of membership will then need to be ratified at the next General Body Meeting (GBM).
The charges for full, associate or affiliate membership is Rs. 2360/-, which is to be paid online at the time of membership registration.
All members, full, associate and affiliate members will be given KUA ID by the Hon. Secretary along with login ID and password for logging in KUA membership area of the website. The associate member shall have ‘A’ at the end of KUA ID eg: E001A; Affiliate member shall have ‘AF’ eg: E001AF and for full member KUA ID shall be E001.
Conversion from associate to full membership :
There is no additional charge for this. But the member has to apply for this conversion online through his/her KUA login ID and passwords provided and upload soft copy of urology degree certificate. Acceptance of conversion in membership will then need to be ratified at the next GBM.
Rights of members :
- Only full members have right to vote and become office bearer of KUA
- Associate or affiliate members are not eligible to vote or become office bearer in KUA
- All classes of members shall have the right to attend any scientific proceedings of KUA
- Only KUA members can present papers at KUACON (Karnataka Urology Association annual CONference) except non-Urologists. Outsiders will have to become KUA members if they want to present paper and participate in the conference. This is applicable to urologists only.
Any person who is interested in the welfare of the Association may be elected as an Honorary Member by the General Body.
Termination of Membership:
Any member may resign from his membership by any time, by serving notice in writing to the Hon. Secretary. Such resignation shall not relieve the member from responsibility to pay any dues to the Association prior to cessation of membership.
The council shall have the power to terminate membership of any member, subject to ratification by the General Body by 2/3 majority of the members present. If:
- The material facts supplied in the application are incorrect
- He/she is guilty of unprofessional behaviour
- He/she is working against the interests of the KUA, provided the member concerned is offered full opportunity to present his/her case to the council
- Expelled from the KUA by the GBM on any other ground deemed fit
- On demise of the member
A member expelled under the aforesaid rules may be reinstated by a resolution passed at GBM.